We would really appreciate your assistance, can you give away new, surplus or used goods to Koanga Institute? We have a number of items we are currently searching for, we are also interested in hearing about other items you may have that may be useful.
Here is our current wishlist:
- Greenhouse glass, for garden coldframes, greenhouses.
- Microscope 400x with a light, to come to ‘grips’ with understanding the critters that are doing the work for us in our biological systems, particularly for compost tea making
- Windows and doors, always handy for our building projects
- Roofing iron, good quality 2nd hand,again for our building projects
- Timber, building projects
- Netting, small enough to retain chicken, for the fencing of our forest garden project
- Caravans, always in need of temporary accommodation for students, interns, and visitors
- Spouting metal, repairs to the farmhouse roof
- Paint, all the projects will need a lick of paint
- Good quality old tools (garden and workshop), to beef up our workshop
- Corn shuckers, shucks where would one be without a cornshucker,
- Chaff cutters, we’ve lots of coarse materials that need chopping up either for composting or making light earth building infills
- Grit mill, great for dealing with recycling of bones and shells
- Metal drums, we use lots of these for making rocket stoves and general storage
- Food grade barrels, handy for bulk storage of seeds, and food for the kitchen when we have big numbers
- Working computers and printers, always handy
- Old crocs for ferments, wooden or ceramic with or without lids, never enough ferments.