- What is a forest garden?
- How is a forest garden different to an orchard?
- Extensive walks around several different forest gardens, with different purposes including food production and chicken and pig food production
- Special look at all the support species we are trialling and using and our management techniques of these trees including coppicing and pollarding
- Discussion and look at the use of ramial wood chip to grow the soil food web and tree health
- Making and use of biochar to aid soil growth and health
You will take home a copy of the latest edition of our Design Your own Forest Garden Booklet, valued at $15, along with a lot of inspiration, excitement and new knowledge!
$50 each person over 15 y o. $45 each if more than 1 in a family (please order as normal for multiple places and we will apply the discount)
* maximum 20 people on each workshop, bookings essential
All workshops begin on time at 9:00 at 96 Kotare Road, Wairoa, off Tiniroto Road. .. 20 minutes from Wairoa, 7 minutes from Frasertown.
All workshops include morning tea, and significant easy walking