Learn how to design a nutrient dense diet to support and optimise your health and that of your family.
Kay is passionate about the importance of nutrient dense food and has been on a journey over many years of learning not only how to grow nutrient dense food but also how to design her diet to fully encompass what she has learned.
In this exciting new one day workshop Kay will share her knowledge and experience in order to:
- Give you an understanding of what nutrient dense food is, how our food communicates with our bodies, and how the strength and clarity of that communication largely determines our health today and for our children and grandchildren tomorrow.
- Introduce you to Dr Weston Price and his foundational and revolutionary work of the 1930’s and explain why we use Weston Price principles
- Describe the principles of the diets of all traditional people’s Weston Price visited and studied, who all enjoyed wonderful health.
- Explore what these diets looked like for several traditional groups of people including NZ Maori, Gaelic Islanders, and isolated Swiss villagers
- Explain the Koanga best practice process that we use to design our diets today based on these principles, but using food that grows in our own country and ecosystems, and that we are culturally adapted to, and enjoy.. for our own health and the health of generations to come.
- Identify where the key nutrient dense foods are in our own ecological niches
- Introduce our Design Your Own Nutrient Dense Diet worksheets and explain how to use them to help create a nutrient dense diet
About Kay Baxter: Kay has been an organic gardener for fifty years! She is a professional seed saver and educator in the fields of Nutrient Dense Food Production and Regenerative Garden Design and Management. She is a researcher in the field of human health in relation to our environment and has authored many books. For many years her research has been focused on the connections between soil health, plant and animal health and human health.
About Koanga: The Koanga Institute Centre for Regenerative Living, is well known internationally for producing highly competent and knowledgeable students and teachers. For your benefit, we run multiple workshops, offer an extensive searchable knowledge-base, publish high quality books and instruction manuals, have internships, apprenticeships and multiple other learning opportunities in regenerative living, Permaculture, and appropriate technologies.
Our workshops, apprenticeships and internships are for anyone interested in living sustainably, designing their own lives and empowering change in their communities. Koanga Institutes range of leading edge courses impart knowledge and practical skills that will empower you to be more self-reliant and resilient in supporting your family and your local community. For a full range of what we offer, please refer to our website www.koanga.org.nz
Lunch and refreshments will be provided
Please note: The Workshop will be confirmed two weeks before it begins. If circumstances prevent the Workshop from going ahead, enrolment fees will be refunded in full.
Payment Options: We can offer an option for you to pay off the Workshop in installments; providing that the workshop has been paid for in full no later than 2 weeks before the start date. To ask further questions, secure your place or organise payment options please e-mail [email protected]
Cancellation Policy: Students who cancel their place at a workshop with more than two weeks notice will be given an 85% refund, however cancellations after this time can only be refunded 50% of the course fee. Cancellations with less than 48 hours, no refund can be given.