The nutritional and ecological resilience approach to food security! This is the most inspirational workshop in the Koanga Gardening Masterclass Series, a journey through ‘the ‘laws of nature” and the ‘principles of the science’ that reveal the missing links between healthy communities and healthy ecosystems. It is a beautiful thing when we really “get” how everything is connected and we start taking action towards Regeneration with an actual understanding of the principles behind our decisions. This becomes a powerful step towards not only growing Nutrient Dense Food but restoring the health of your family and of the earth!
The first section of this course is a detailed introduction to the principles of science and the laws of nature around growing Nutrient-Dense Food, and how to achieve community and ecological health and resilience by doing so. The second section is a step-by-step process based on permaculture principles that Kay has created to enable anyone to High BRIX food in their backyards. This workshop also includes step-by-step videos on how to Make Biochar, Liquid Fertilizer, and Build a Worm Farm.
Introduction – Episode 1 – FREE EPISODE – CLICK HERE
- Learn about Kay’s story as an organic gardener and what motivated her to enter this journey of growing Nutrient-Dense Food.
Introduction – Episode 2
- Learn about the life work of Weston A. Price, one of Kay’s mentors in this journey.
- Get a basic understanding of the modern science of Epigenetics and be empowered and inspired to change the world by reclaiming your health!
- Learn about the importance of using Open Pollinated Heritage Seeds in the process of Growing Nutrient-Dense Food.
- A short introduction to the work of Dr. Reams and A.F Beddoe, crucial mentors that helped Kay to achieve success in this journey.
- Understand some of the principles of science around how a healthy cell grows.
- Know the difference between a Reams soil test and a Hill’s Laboratory soil test, and the importance of knowing your soil before starting this journey.
- Understand the importance of having balanced mineral ratios in the soil.
- Learn about the vital role played by phosphate in the photosynthesis process.
- Understand the concept of “energy release” and how the process of putting together and breaking apart of energy is at the very essence of life on earth.
- Learn about what BRIX is and why it is crucial to our success in this journey.
Step 1 – Refractometer
- Start the Permaculture Design Process created by Kay to Grow Nutrient-Dense Food.
- Learn how to use a Refractometer to get a BRIX reading.
- Understand the importance of keeping records, and working with trends as opposed to individual readings.
Step 2 – Soil
- Learn about the importance of familiarizing yourself with your soil through the Visual Soil Assessment process and soils tests if possible.
Step 3 – Aeration Levels
- Understand the importance of aerating your garden beds, which most home gardeners can do with a garden spade and fork.
Step 4 – Moisture Levels
- Understand why it is critical to have appropriate moisture levels and learn about all the strategies and techniques we use to achieve that.
Step 5 – Carbon Levels
- Understand why having high levels Carbon in your soil is essential to grow Nutrient-Dense Food and learn about the strategies and techniques we use to achieve that.
Step 6 – Mineral & Nutrient Levels
- Get an overview of all the steps we’ve been through so far.
- Learn about several different strategies and techniques used by Kay to block leaks in order to keep cycling the minerals and nutrients within her house site.
- Learn about how composting can be a major part of this process of cycling and raising mineral and nutrient levels.
- Learn about the phosphate cycle and and why it is essential to healthy ecosystems
Step 7 – Microbe Levels
- Learn about several different strategies and techniques used by Kay to feed and encourage microbial populations to grow.
Step 8 – Stages of Plant Growth – FREE EPISODE – CLICK HERE
- Learn about all the different stages of plant growth so that you can make better decisions and support your plants to be Nutrient Dense.
This online workshop was produced by ReGeneration Productions in partnership with Kōanga.