These are professional basket willows, and will grow to have different color, length, flexibility, and so on. willows like wet soils and the more water available will result in more growth, plant in 30-50cm spacing to create long upright growth, and harvest during winter.
- Common Osier x 6 (salix viminalis) — Gold
- Giganta x 6 — Yellow
- Purple Willow x 6 (salix purpurea) — Red/Purple
- Unknown x 6 — Yellow
Forest Gardens are orchards designed in such a way so the needs of the heavy bearing heavy feeding fruit trees are taken care of in the design.
We do this by:
- Ensuring no more than 60% of the canopy space is taken up by heavy feeders. We prefer 40%.
- For every square metre of heavy feeder canopy there is 0.8 of a square metre of nitrogen fixer.
- For every square metre of heavy feeder there is 1 comfrey plant.
- You have all seven (7) layers of the forest garden present.
- You have as wide a range of mineral accumulators present.
For more details about this see the Koanga Design Your Own Forest Garden Booklet