- Pulled the corn out. It’s the carbon crop of this garden system. Made space for the heavy feeders crop: Silver beet, leeks, celery, kale, coriander, landcress, cabbages, lettuce and broccoli.
- The corn will be chopped up (ideally and returned to to the compost heap as food for the nitrogen/weeds and greens) that becomes food for the soil.
- This method grows food for the gardener and food for the soil, so each are mutually benefited.
- I sowed into a tray: Daikon and beetroot.
- Climbing beans to come out now, but will do next week as didn’t have enough time to take out and prepare the soil.
- The corn bed was U-bared (broad forked) and 400gs Natures garden per metre as fertiliser.