Kotare Village is the home of the Koanga Institute and is a rural village development near Wairoa, in the Hawkes Bay of New Zealand. Bob Corker is the principle designer for this project, which will continue to develop over the next few years to include 30+ families.
The village design includes the following:
- A Community Land Trust model of land ownership
- All design done according to permaculture principles and strategies
- An emphasis on regeneration, resilience and self-reliance
- Individual and co-operative livelihoods
- Autonomous, self-reliant housing and appropriate technology
- Integrated water harvesting, sorage and use
- Development of high quality food production systems for fresh produce, meat, eggs, dairy and animal products, as well as the regeneration of land to support future growth, and to ensure our ongoing food security
Directions to Kotare Village and the Koanga Institute are available.
Please contact us before arriving.